Maximize Curb Appeal & Increase Interest in Your Property When Selling
Selling your home can be a daunting task. You want to get the most money possible, but you also want to sell quickly. The good news is that there are some tried and true tips that can help you do both. Here are 10 essential tips for a fast and profitable home sale.
1. Set the right price. This is probably the most important tip on the list. If you overprice your home, it will sit on the market and you’ll eventually have to lower the price anyway. Work with a real estate agent to determine a fair market value for your home.
2. Get rid of the clutter. Clutter makes homes feel small and cramped. It’s also a turn-off for potential buyers who want to be able to imagine their own belongings in the home. Before you put your home on the market, declutter every room, closet, and cabinet. Rent a storage unit if necessary.
3. Stage your home. Staging is simply arranging your furniture and belongings in a way that makes the most sense for the space and appeals to buyers. For example, if you have a small living room, you might want to get rid of large pieces of furniture or move them into another room altogether.
4. Let in the light. Bright, well-lit homes feel warm and inviting. Before showings or open houses, open all the curtains and turn on all the lights—even if it’s during the day.
5. Pay attention to curb appeal. First impressions matter, so make sure your home looks its best from the outside before buyers even step foot inside. Mow the lawn, trim the hedges, plant some flowers—anything to make your home look more welcoming and inviting from the street level.
6 Make necessary repairs—but don’t go overboard. Fix any obvious problems around your home, like leaky faucets or cracked tiles. But don’t waste time or money fixing things that aren’t broken or that buyers won’t care about—they’ll just assume you’ll lower the price to compensate them for any work they’ll need to do after moving in anyway .
7 Deep clean everything—and we mean everything . A clean house is a selling point all on its own . Don’t just tidy up before showings; hire a professional cleaning service to give your entire house (including carpets , windows , baseboards , etc .) a thorough cleaning .
8 Neutralize your decor . When prospective buyers walk through your door , you want them to be able to envision their own style in the space —not yours . So put away any personal items ( family photos , collections , etc .) and stick with neutral colors throughout .
9 Create an illusion of space . One way to make small homes seem larger is by using mirrors strategically placed around the room . Another trick is to use light – colored paint on walls which will reflect light and make rooms seem brighter and more spacious .
10 Hire a real estate agent . Real estate agents are professionals who know how to stage , market , show , negotiate , and ultimately sell homes . They will take care of all of the details for you so that you can focus on getting top dollar for your home .
Sell my house as is doesn’t have to be stressful—just follow these 10 essential tips for a fast and profitable sale! Work with a real estate agent, declutter every room, stage your home, let in natural light, pay attention to curb appeal, make necessary repairs without going overboard, deep clean everything from top to bottom, neutralize your decor, create an illusion of space with strategic placement of mirrors and light-colored paint, and finally relax knowing that you’ve done everything possible to get top dollar for your beloved home!